Accessing Time Entry
- Log in to Okta
- Click "Self-Service"
- Click "Employee"
- Click "Time Approval"
- Use filters to display certain employees or clear filters to display all employees.
- Click on the down arrow to expand and view the status of selected employee’s timecards
- The Status tells you if the timecard is Not Complete or Submitted
Example below – Sammy Spartan (student worker) has submitted their time for the pay period.
Example below – Hourly Spartan (hourly staff employee) has not yet entered and submitted their timecard.
- Select “View” to review hours for the individual weeks.
- Review time worked for each day & verify weekly totals of Regular, Paid Time-Off (i.e. Sick, Vacation, Personal or Holiday), and/or Overtime.
- Select Approve if hours are accurate. If the hours are not correct, please see next page for instructions.
- After selecting Approve, select right arrow to review the next week’s timecard.
- If a timecard has been approved, the supervisor can ‘unapprove’ the timecard if the supervisor or employee realizes there is a correction that needs to be made to the timecard. Select Unapprove under the Other Actions drop-down. This will send an e-mail notification to the employee that the timecard has been unapproved by the supervisor.
- If a timecard is not correct, select the Other Actions drop-down to select Reject.
- Selecting Reject will display a Reject Time Sheet box where the supervisor must enter a reason for rejecting the employee’s timecard and then select Reject. An e-mail will be sent to the employee notifying the employee of the rejected timecard. The employee can then unsubmit their timecard, edit the timecard, and then re-submit. The supervisor would then need to approve the revised timecard. (This can only be done before the cutoff If the error is discovered after the deadline, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and the Payroll department will need to manually correct the timecard.)
- To return to summary screen to see the status of an employee’s timecard, select Time Approval page.
- At the summary level, the status of each week’s timecard is displayed. Example below displays the 1st week’s timecard as approved by the supervisor, and the 2nd week’s timecard has not been approved or rejected yet by the supervisor.
- Should your employee need to correct a timecard that you have already approved, you can choose “Unapprove”. The employee can then unsubmit the timecard, edit their hours, and then You will then need to Approve again. (Note: This can only be done before the cutoff deadline. If the error is discovered after the deadline, please e-mail email@example.com and the Payroll department will need to manually correct the timecard.)
- If a timecard is incorrect and you feel that the employee should correct the error, you can choose “Reject”. This will prompt you to leave a comment for the employee as to why you have rejected their timecard. The employee will receive an e-mail notification of the rejected timecard instructing the employee to correct their time in Self-Service. (Note: This can only be done before the cutoff If the error is discovered after the deadline, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and the Payroll department will need to manually correct the timecard.)
NEED HELP? – CONTACT:
- Trouble logging into WebAdvisor or Self-Service: ITS (Account Issues):
- IT Helpdesk – (630) 844-5790 - email@example.com
- Trouble with timecard or any other payroll related questions:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yvelisse Mendez, Accountant – 630-844-4895
- Jessica Wheeler, Sr. Accountant – 630-844-6232
- Marie Satinover, Sr. Accountant – 630-844-6194
- Marlen Rodriguiz, Accounting Manager – 630-844-5487