Accessing Time Entry
- Log in to Okta
- Click "Self-Service"
- Click "Employee"
- Click "Time Entry"
- Select the week to begin entering your time.
- Select ‘Apply’ to populate 8 hours per business day for the week. Use this convenient feature if you do not have any paid time off to record.
- Select ‘Save’ to save time entered. Upper right-hand corner.
- Select ‘Additional Time’ to enter Paid Time Off (i.e. sick, vacation, personal, holiday, jury duty, or funeral leave)
- Select from the drop-down the type of paid-time off.
- Enter the applicable hours for the selected category.
- Review your weekly totals for accuracy.
- Once time-entry is complete for the week, save, and select ‘Submit for Approval’.
Each week’s timecard must be submitted individually for approval.
An e-mail will be automatically generated to the supervisor notifying the supervisor that the employee has submitted their timecard for the applicable week.
- If you submit your timecard for approval and realize you need to make a change, return to that week and click “Return Timecard for Edit”. From there you can make any changes necessary and then Save and Submit (Note: This can only be done before the cutoff deadline. If the error is discovered after the deadline, please e-mail email@example.com and the Payroll department will need to manually correct the timecard.)
- Select arrows to view and enter time for the next week of the pay period.
Select ‘All Time Sheets’ to return to summary of pay period and review the status of each timecard.
At the summary level, the status of each week’s timecard is displayed. Example below displays the 1st & 2nd week’s timecards are submitted (waiting for supervisor approval), and the 3rd week’s timecard has not been submitted yet by the employee.
- Time-Entry is complete once all time-cards have been submitted for each position for each week of the pay period.
Note: If your supervisor has approved a week that needs a correction, you will need to ask them to “Unapprove” your timecard for that week so you can “un-submit”, edit and submit again. (Note: This can only be done before the cutoff deadline. If the error is discovered after the deadline, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and the Payroll department will need to manually correct the timecard.)
NEED HELP? – CONTACT:
- Trouble logging into WebAdvisor or Self-Service: ITS (Account Issues):
- IT Helpdesk – (630) 844-5790 - email@example.com
- Trouble with timecard or any other payroll related questions:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yvelisse Mendez, Accountant – 630-844-4895
- Jessica Wheeler, Sr. Accountant – 630-844-6232
- Marie Satinover, Sr. Accountant – 630-844-6194
- Marlen Rodriguiz, Accounting Manager – 630-844-5487