Co-hosts are assigned during a meeting. When you assign a co-host, you remain the Host with full control over the meeting. The co-host has many, but not all, of the controls that you have as the host.
- Share Screen
- Start/Stop Recording
- Start Polling
- Manage Participants
- Start or manage breakout rooms
- Start the meeting
- Make another user a co-host
- Start a waiting room
- End the meeting for all participants
To assign a co-host:
- Click on Manage Participants in the meeting controls at the bottom of the Zoom window.
- In the panel on the right, hover over the name of the participant who is going to be a co-host, and choose "More".
- Click Make Co-Host.
An alternative host can start and end meetings without the meeting creator being present.
If an alternative host starts the meeting, they will become the host and have full host privileges. If the meeting creator enters the meeting after the alternative host, the alternative host will remain the main host and the meeting creator will be made a co-host. However, the meeting creator can reclaim Host privileges from the alternative host at any time.
To Assign an Alternative Host:
- Log in to Okta
- Select "Zoom" from the dashboard
- Select Meetings from the panel on the left
- Click "Schedule a New Meeting"
- Enter the details for the meeting
- At the bottom of the page, enter the email address(es) of the alternative host(s) and click "Save"