If you need to know who is attending your meeting before they show up, you can schedule a meeting with registration required. With this option, once you schedule a meeting you are given a registration link that you can either distribute directly to your audience or post to a website or other location.
- Log in to Okta
- Select "Zoom"
- Click "Meetings" on the left
- Click "Schedule a New Meeting"
- Edit the setting of the meeting.
- Select the checkbox labeled "Required" next to the "Registration" setting.
- When you have finished editing the meeting settings, click "Save" on the bottom of the page.
- You will be brought to a screen describing the details of your meeting. Navigate to the bottom of the screen and select "Edit" on the right, under the "Registration" tab, beside "Registration Options"
- Edit the registration settings to your preference. We suggest changing the approval method to "Manual", so you may have full control over who is able to attend your meeting.
- (Optional) You may add additional questions to your registration form. Under the "Questions" tab, there is a list of predefined questions you may include such as "Last Name", "Address", etc. By default, the form will ask for, "First Name", "Last Name", and "Email Address". You may include the question by selecting the checkbox on the left and make it required by selecting the checkbox to the right of the question.
- (Optional) You may also create a custom question. To create a custom question, click the "New Question" button
Select the type of question
Fill in the fields and click "Create" on the bottom.
To create another question, click "New Question"
- When you have finished editing the registration forms settings, click "Save All" in the bottom right
- In the center of the page, in a section called "Invite Attendees", Click "Copy Invitation"
- Share this Invitation with those who you would like to join your meeting.
- After sharing, you may return to this page and scroll to the bottom to review your registration form's submissions. If you allowed automatic approval, click "View" to view those who have registered. If you selected manual approval, click "Edit" on the right
- To approve or deny registrants, click the checkbox next to their name and select "Approve" or "Deny"
- (Optional) If you have custom questions on your registration form (see step 11), you may view the answers by clicking on the name of the registrant.
- Upon approval, an email with the link to the meeting will be sent to the registrant.