Add a User Override to a Quiz/Exam
Overrides allow students to access quizzes and activities that are otherwise not available to them.
For example, if a student is unable to take an exam during the prescribed time, an override that allows them to take it at a different time can be created.
- Click on the quiz from your course main page.
- Click the “More” tab along the top and choose “Overrides” from the menu.
- Click the “Add user override” button.
- Select a student’s name for the “Override user” section (You can search or select from the “Search” drop-down).
- You can adjust the following settings:
- Require password – Require password entry to complete the quiz.
- Open the quiz & Close the quiz – Adjust the open and close date/time windows.
- Time limit – Change the time limit for the quiz attempt.
- Attempts allowed – Adjust the number of attempts.
- To allow a single student a different amount of time, adjust the “Time limit” setting as required. Ensure the “Close quiz” date/time has not already passed or you will need to adjust this setting as well. You may also need to adjust the number of attempts from 1 to 2 if the student has already attempted the quiz.
- When finished, click “Save” at the bottom of the page.